17 december
“No, no deal.” Danny said and kept looking at the books. “Tell me why it is so important for you to win this tournament and I might reconsider.”
Riley smiled and nodded. “Alright, but then I will most definitely fetch something to eat and drink. You make yourself comfortable or look around. I’ll be back in just a minute.” He said and walked out of the room. Danny took the opportunity to sneak around a little, she wondered about this place and what the original usage of it had been. Most of the doors were locked, not that it matters; they were most likely dorm rooms anyway. She turned back to the books and after a while she found a scrapbook about the very first tournament held here at Tingvalla. She was mesmerized by the old pictures and the people in them, they had such serious faces. On some of the pictures she could see the various challenges of the tournament, a labyrinth with several players trying to reach the other side without being spotted by the judges or stopped by the other team. The rules of the tournament seemed to be easy; the first team to reach the other side without being spotted wins.
“Aah, I see you’ve found the oldest scrapbook in the world…” Riley had returned with some snacks and drinks.
“Meanwhile…”
“Be wise, and let my friend go.” Keith said upon entering the shed. He skillfully dodged the silly trap inside and took hold of the person in there. “I don’t want to play games. I’ve let you run yours without interrupting so far, but now you have gone too far.” His grip around the girl’s throat hardened when she didn’t answer him. “You know I can make you do it anyways, better do as I say or you’ll get bruised.” The girl’s eyes lit up with a grey light and she smiled at Keith. “There” she said and the light in her eyes faded away “good luck finding him.” Keith quickly covered his eyes to not let her get a hold of him and then pushed her into the back wall. Hopefully it would knock her out for a while, at least long enough for him to find Dawson.
It was really cold now. The lights had disappeared suddenly and after that Dawson had gotten disoriented and was probably walking in circles. He still didn’t understand how he had gotten here. The reasonable thing to do would probably be to stay put and wait for someone to find him, but it was so cold…
3 comments:
wow.. this is getting crazy. But hey, at least there is one everyday. ^^
Ooh, interesting. Oldest Scrapbook in the World... Now, is this TricksyRik being Tricksy, or is this whole thing far older than it seems? Hmm..
Underground spaces by libraries, discovery of ancient photographs... Real world references?
Post a Comment