4 December
“They’re coming!” one of them whispered and they all threw themselves onto the beds giggling all the while. They all knew the drill, they would pretend to sleep when the grownups came to check and after two check-ups he would come back to tell them that the coast was clear. Then they would put on their shoes and sneak out to the little house out back. Sweets would be waiting for them there, and best of all, the story would continue. The door opened and everyone held their breaths. “Hurry! Get your shoes on. Be quiet about it or they’ll notice something’s up.” The old man said to them in a low voice and so they did. He led them out the backdoor and they ran across the garden with their blankets and pillows and laughed like only children can do when they were safe inside the little house.
“Alright then! Grab a cookie and gather around. Where were we? Oh yes…”
“Let me get this straight. You had your goons sneak into my room and abduct me only to ask if I want to join your team for the Christmas tournament?” It was the most absurd idea she had ever heard. Like phones hadn’t been invented yet… Dawson laughed a little. “You don’t like a little excitement? I sure do.” He reached for a piece of paper and gave it to her. On it was the rules and challenges of the tournament. “We all have our roles in this tournament, Caroline and Maggie are perfect for the labyrinth challenge, Sierra and I will have no problems with the second challenge and Andrew, Keith and León will take care of the third. But you, you are the key; with you on the team we might even beat the record.” He leaned back in his chair, giving her a moment to consider the offer. “I know what you’re thinking.What’s in it for you? Well, you would get a room here, it’s bigger than yours and you would also get an opportunity to practice your… skill. Since I can mimic your power, I would be the perfect subject.” Danny only wanted to laugh at the whole thing really, but didn’t, he did have some truly interesting offers. “I need some time to think about it.” And to find out more about you, but of course she didn’t tell him that.
2 comments:
Sorry for posting so late, but it IS weekend after all. :)
Tomorrow I'll pick up the pace a little.
:O making us wait!
This story-in-a-story is really cool. Also watch out, Kid-I-Named-Jay! Sneaking out into a little house out back with a sneaky old man? Bad.
Post a Comment