8 december
“If you want to master your abilities then you have to trust me, let’s try it again.” Dawson said to Maggie when she once again flew into the obstacle instead of around it. “No! I’m sick of this. I’m sick of getting bruises all the time!” The others stopped what they were doing to look at them, Maggie had quite a temper and it was always amusing to watch. “You seem to have problems with counterbalancing. Calm down and I’ll show you how to fix it.” Dawson walked over to her and helped her up. “Ok? Just watch this time, see how I lean slightly to the left while flying around it on the right.” Dawson flew up into the air and made the whole thing look very easy and even elegant. Frustrated and embarrassed Maggie picked up the nearest object and threw it very hard at the nearest person. It happened to be a shoe and it hit a rather big guy, named Andrew. The look on Maggie’s face was priceless, it went from angry to shocked and finally to sad. “Sweetie, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to.” She whimpered and walked over to hug him.
“Is there anything you can’t do?”
Dawson turned around and located Danny who had just entered the hall. “I’ve been told that I’m not very good at dancing.” He answered while landing next to her. “Is something the matter?” There were four people in the room besides Dawson and herself. They were all practicing for the tournament, León was there. Balls were thrown at him, which he was supposed to dodge by teleporting away. A girl she remembered from her first day here at the school was flying through some complicated course set up in the ceiling. Finally there was a guy dressed in all black who was practicing his telekinesis by using it to throw objects at various targets. “I’ve had a weird day. I missed class, my head hurts and I have a funny feeling that I’m made a fool of.” She said while pulling of her backpack and taking of her outdoors clothes. “Can you by any chance mimic two powers at once?”
Dawson shook his head. “You being here, does that mean that you have considered my offer? Will you compete with us in the tournament?” He sounded hopeful. Why is this tournament so important to him, Danny thought. “It means that I want to try out the goods before buying.”
Dawson smiled at this and gestured for her to follow him; he went to the other side of the room, away from the others. “Make me dance.” He said to her.
Danny raised her eyebrows a little and said: “Dance.” Nothing happened. She had to struggle to even say the word. She tried again, this time it felt different, but Dawson still hadn’t moved an inch. “Come on Danny, try harder. Dance!” and then she started dancing. She didn’t even think it was strange that he had turned the game on her. Nothing else seemed to matter, the room faded away and the sounds around her got muffled and distorted. All that was left was the dancing… and Dawson. Was he laughing?
3 comments:
Ooh, exciting developments. Things are happening, people are dancing, balls are thrown, woo!
"I am the lord of the dancity"
my work here is done.
...but you can call me V.
Post a Comment