Never Look Back

// Nightflyer

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Mysterious motives

7 december
“I’m getting ahead of myself; let’s get back to Danny. She was being dragged off to the school cafeteria by the mysterious other Sierra…”
                Danny felt a little woozy from hitting her head and had trouble figuring out what had just happened. She figured it was best to go along with it; she was already late for class, a few minutes more wouldn’t make a difference. “I’m sorry for knocking you over. I was trying to get to class in time.” Danny said to the girl and sipped her chocolate. Sierra just waved it away. “No worries, at least no one got hurt, not seriously any way.” And then they sat there for a while in awkward silence, sipping their chocolate. Danny took advantage of this; she looked at the girl over her cup and tried to find something, anything, odd about her. But to no use, as far as she could tell this girl looked exactly like Sierra. “Have you made a decision yet?” Sierra suddenly asked. “About Dawson I mean.”
“Like I said before: no not yet. No one will tell me anything about him.” Danny answered.
“Right, well, you should know that you have options. I’ve heard Riley’s looking for people as well.” Sierra drank more from her cup and smiled like she had a secret. “I of course want you to join us, but look around first, perhaps you’ll come to appreciate Dawson’s offer when you hear the others.” She took one final sip and then rose to leave. “Riley usually hangs out in the library.”
                The old man stopped talking and nodded towards the little girl who held her hand up. “What is it honey?”
“I need to pee…” she said with the last word fading into a whisper.
“We’ll wait for you Mandy, go on ahead. While we are at it, does anyone else need to use the bathroom?” Another five hands were raised. “Well, go on then.” He said to them and then they all ran towards the one bathroom. Reese was the winner, him being closest to it, and the others formed a neat line outside the door.
 “Now dad’s in it to!” the girl who had stayed behind said to the boy next to her.  “I don’t know Alex.” The boy said. “I still haven’t seen any invisible people… or any flying people. So I don’t think it’s the real aunt Danny or the real dad, just some made up ones.” He sounded very matter of fact. The girl admired her older brother, even though he had tried to hurt her pillow, and trusted him on the matter. “Do you think mom will be in it to?” she asked after a while.  

5 comments:

Nallenon said...

TricksyTricksyRik.

Yeonni said...

Ooooh this is getting even more interesting. Who's on what team, actually, and why is there another Sierra, and when will Riley speak for himself? And who's the good guy here :p fun times.

I changed my mind, I don't want a kid. Because the kid would need a father. And hell. That would be weird, no matter.

Sara said...

Well you could be a single mother. There is technology for that sort of this nowadays...

Also Wiiiieee! Good stuff.

Sara said...

*thing

Rik said...

I've missed a couple of days. Riley is extremely mysterious.