Never Look Back

// Nightflyer

Friday, 10 December 2010

Nostalgia


10december
“Stop!”
Dawson let her go and suddenly the world was back. All the noise coming from the other people in the room was, for a split second, almost unbearable.  Danny sat down on the floor to catch her breath and to give herself some time to think. What had happened? Her powers didn’t work, was there something wrong with her? Maybe the reason for the bump in her forehead had something to do with it… And then she remembered. “You made me swear to never use my powers on you.” She looked up at Dawson and he was indeed laughing. “Yes, I’m sorry. I should have warned you, but now you know how it feels to try and work against your own power, you should learn from this and use it to fully understand your own capabilities.” He reached out to help her get up, but she refused.
“Bastard.” She said to him and walked out.
                “Well done.” The boy who threw balls at León said after Danny had left. “That was an excellent plan.”  Dawson could look really scary when mad, and now he was furious. He gritted his teeth, pulled in Andrew’s power and pushed the boy so hard with it that he slid across the room and slammed into wall.
“Keith!” Maggie rushed over to him to check if he was ok and then turned to Dawson. “What the hell are you doing?!”
                Many of the children were yawning and struggling to stay awake at this point. It was time to go to bed for real this time. He told them to sneak back inside again. They put on their shoes and slowly dragged themselves across the lawn. Once in bed, they fell asleep before their heads hit the pillows. The old man tucked them in, turned off the lights and went into the kitchen. One of the women sat at the table in there and smiled at him when he entered. “Hey there, old man.” She said and stressed ‘old man’. “Hey yourself.” He answered and when he sat down next to her, his hair was thicker. “They’re sleeping now. I think they had a good time.” His nose changed shape and size.
“How far did you get?” She asked and watch his eyes turn from brown to grayish-blue.
“Well, I started with Danny and when she first came to Tingvalla. I told them how Maggie and Keith climbed into her room and threw her out the window. Do you remember? Dawson did it to all of us.” He smiled at the woman and drifted off in thought for a while. He seemed to wipe away his wrinkles with his hands while talking. “I’ve introduced just about everyone, and I told the kids about the two Sierras. I haven’t said why Dawson and Riley were so interested in Danny yet. I’m saving that one for later, I want them to feel the suspense, you know.” He chuckled a little and his clothes changed from sweater to T-shirt and from slacks to Jeans.  The woman laughed a little at the memories as well. “Dawson, Caroline, Maggie and Andrew, Keith, León and me, that was Dawson’s team back then. It was a long time ago wasn’t it?” She said and reached over to hold his hand. He squeezed it and smiled. “And my team, boy did we suck… Josh, Blake, Emma, Sonya and me.” They laughed for a while together until they remembered the children and stopped abruptly to not wake them up.

9 comments:

Nightflyer said...

I know... über late post. =/

But here it is the next exciting episode of The next best thing.

I had to study for my exam yesterday, I didn't really have time to write this episode. I think I can be excused this once. Well anyway, give me lots and lots of feedback! I like feedback... =D=D

Nallenon said...

Oooh, morpholdman.
Did not expect that, actually.

Riklurt said...

I don't really get what's up with Dawson. I'm also disappointed that I'm not old for real. Oldness is a marvellous superpower.

Apart from that, wooo!

(also: I propose some fan action, let's index all the superpowers we've seen so far. Will make for easier to keep track of.)

Danny: Mind Control
Dawson: Mirror Power
Sierra: Invisibility
Riley (probably?): Master of Disguises
Someone: Flame On (is that Josh?)
Blake: Drawing stuff
Andrew: ...telekinesis?

What did I miss? And is there something I've gotten wrong?

Nallenon said...

Maggie can fly.
Leon can teleport.
Caroline and Sonya can walk through walls..
Think that's all we have for now.

Riklurt said...

Is Andrew a confirmed telekineticist? I'm not sure if his power works as classical TK.

Also, do Caroline and Sonya have the same power?

Nightflyer said...

Ok, this has been said about Andrew. He is "the rather big guy" in the episode where Danny is abducted, he is also the guy dressed in all black who was practicing his telekinesis. Finally Dawson used Andrews powers to push Keith across the room. Draw any conclusions you want from that. I will use my own interpretations of the word telekinesis, for the lol.

Caroline walked through a wall in "Like stealing candy from a kid" and Blake said to Sierra “Her name is Sonya; she can do everything their Caroline can.” in "Sneaky little" when explaining how Sonya got in to Dawson's living room. This means that Sonya can also walk through walls.

I will very soon explain everyones powers in more detail, especially Blake's, Riley's and Dawson's. I will also mention that every person brought up in the story is relevant even the "extras" in the first episode.

Riklurt said...

Don't explain it in the comments! That makes it Word of God!

This was supposed to be a fan action!

Nallenon said...

But she didn't say anything? We had all that information already, sillyrik :P

Nightflyer said...

I'm sorry! Did I ruin everything? I'll budge out from any future Fan-actions, promise.