I stumbled upon this when I was googling faeries. It's a mummified faerie. Or rather an artwork to look like a mummified faerie. Have you heard of it? If you haven't, read this.It's such an awesome idea! To make everybody believe it is a real faerie. If only for a few days... It makes you hope and dream a little. ^^ At least I did. The possibility that faeries lived among us, and still might do so. It's magical.
The one behind the hoax only wanted to see how many still believe in faeries. Or at least are willing to do so with this kind of evidence. The people of England believed in his lie. For a few days at least, before he called the bluff himself. Scientist were breathing down his neck I suppose. =D
I want to pull something like this sometime. A perfect lie...
4 comments:
I don't quite think faeries would be as cool if they were proven true, because then we'd be faced with the constant reminder that we haven't personally seen a fairy.
Oh well, I still believe in faeries, but I don't think they can be proven. ^^
That's kind of the argument for why so many religious people don't want to prove that God exists. It somehow makes it redundant to believe.
Oh, and:
Clap your hands if you believe in fairies.
Yeah well, I want to be the one who is behind the hoax. You know the genius... =D It doesn't have to be about faeries. Just something people didn't think was real.
Post a Comment