It's been a long time... I did warn you. (but I feel awful for not updating for nearly a week -_-')
The results on the vote. 50/50 between Eternal Darkness and Death of a stranger.
Da-Ryun - Eternal Darkness (that one was easy... I was there when you voted... I knew before what you would choose though)
Anton - Death of a stranger (I don't know you well enough to know in advance... but since you told me what you voted for...)
Me - Death of a stranger (this is an easy way out, it won't affect me directly)
Now I have to guess, I will assume that Olle didn't vote...
Kristin - Death of a stranger (you're practical thats all)
Eva - Eternal Darkness (this choise comes with little side effects compared to the others)
Rik - Eternal Darkness (this would be the easier choise for you I think)
Jocke - Death of a stranger (I doubt that you would choose eternal darkness, you're ego is bigger than that)
Sara - Eternal Darkness (I don't think you could ever kill anyone)
I know I must be wrong somewhere, I'm only guessing and the comments only explains my thoughts wile guessing. I didn't have any reason at all for this, but for us to have something to discuss.
16 comments:
Since you didn't specify anything about the "Death of a stranger", I reasoned that, well, a lot of strangers die every day, so it's not like it would make a difference, really.
Eternal Darkness, though (if that is literal, and not just the person going blind) is, pretty much, the end of the world as we know it.
The funny part, here, is that I am writing this ten seconds after posting in my own comments, and I realize that my opinions here and the ones over there clash a bit. In this case, though, I classify "stranger" as someone I haven't met. I hope that's not cheating ;)
I thought about that... Stranger could be someone you don't know in person or someone you've never met. You can call someone a stranger even if you have met them several times.
Blindnes is eternal darkness for one person. Striping the whole world of light would be the end of it. I didn't have 'the end of the world' as an option.
Choosing someones death is kind of horrible, but without ligth, body or love I can not live. I can not choose a strangers life over mine.
Ah, why didn't you call it blindness, then?
I don't call anyone a stranger if I've met them, so I answered truthfully from my perspective.
Why wouldn't body or love live without light? Are blind people unable to love?
Ah, but there's a difference between being blin and not seing daylight ever again. Unlike Anton I didn't bother to interpret the practicalities of the options. I chose Eternal Darkness because, like Da-Ryun, I like darkness. However, if the choise was to be blind then I would choose the death of a stranger...
Yeah, I don't want to be blind, I would totally kill someone for that. If I'm blind I can't ever read again... or read comix, or play computergames, or adore Cloud's baby blues. I figured eternal darkness was something poetic and nice like in Matrix or some apocalyptic manga. Like eternal night or something. That would so sooo cool. Like totally.
Anton, what I meant was that I could not live without any of them. Ofcorse blind people can love! But blind people can't see - no light - and that would kill me. I need to be able to see to create clothes and draw and read and, and all other things that makes me happy.
If I where paparylized from head down I wouldn't be able to draw or sew. I could love and recive love and have light, but not act on it.
But no love? If thats not there than there is no meaning with life. Light, body could not give me any satisfaction.
Ah, I see your point. So, was it "Eternal Night" Or "Eternal Darkness"? I interpreted the Darkness as being absolute, I might have been wrong on that one. Not that it would have mattered much, I'd still have chosen the stranger.
I'm afraid of the dark...I think that says it all. And whether it's eternal darkness or night (I actually thought it was night :S) I would not stand it for very long. I'm not sure if I would be able to kill someone to keep my light though, now that you put it like that. But as long as I don't have to pull that trigger it would probably be okay. Always remember Madde, my sign is Leo...^_~
I never read is as if we had to kill the stranger ourselves, that's different.
It turns out this poll was a success, I must say, we did get something to discuss :P
jag röstade! gissa på vad? (okej, du känner knappt mig så kanske lite svårt) eternal darknessssss... the words simply.. appeal to me. i'm strange that way.
I was hard pressed because of a lot of definition questions, but eventually I went with "Death of a stranger" hoping I'd be lucky and take out some crazy killer dude or something.
I think I rely a bit too much on fate for my own good...
Wow, I was wrong about everything!!! Except Da-Ruyn.
Offcorse you won't be the one pulling the trigger (or wahtever) but you do choose death for someone. It's your decision.
Haha, it's not that strange, it kind of appeals to me too, but I can't choose it because of that.
Eternal Night or Eternal Darkness? You choose.
What are the odds of killing a bad person? I think you're right there Rik, about relying on fate a little too much.
Olle shocking *irony* How's it going with Dark by the way? Getting anywhere?
sara: umm, ok, vi gör alltså en bloggpost till ett diskussionsforum för dark. fine by me! jag har skrivit typ ett kapitel till, sen tog det stopp. jag funkar inte med den storyn just nu, även om jag vill. men jag ska nog börja skriva på min nya episka bög-saga istället tror jag.
Hahaha, tja även om det hör till mitt inlägg så snacka på.
-Se till så att inte frankrike eller Paris är med i din episka bög-saga. Jan Guillo, bland andra, tycker att det är just det som visar hur newbie man egentligen är.
Ja gör det, och skicka den till mej sen =D
sorry madde...
Post a Comment