Never Look Back

// Nightflyer

Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Dilemma

I am in the middle of a dilemma… I don’t know which computer I should try to fix.
Both of them are out of function right now. The Fujitsu Siemens power adapter broke this morning. The power doesn’t reach the computer.

I’ve looked up just how much I have to pay for a new one and the only one I found costs 456 kr without taxes. But I still have to deal with the overheating. By accident I found an amateur guide to fix this problem. I on the other hand am not suitable to start digging in a computer.

I have no idea what is wrong with the Dell computer, but it might be the (hårdisk) that is broken. If that’s the case I could just replace it. This cost a lot of money, but the rest of the computer works fine. The battery last for about 6 hours (if I dim the light on the screen) and the wireless internet is better than on the Fujitsu Siemens. But I do know that this type of computer is weak and might break again in, say, two to three years. Off Corse there is no guarantee that the Fujitsu Siemens would last that long either, bit it will work as it has the last few months if I buy a new power adapter. If someone brave will be willing to try and fix the overheating maybe it’ll work even better. The battery and the wireless internet adapter will still suck, but at least the computer will be functional.

If you have any advice on this please give them to me.

4 comments:

Nallenon said...

Well, the way I see it, you only really have to options.
A) You buy a Golden Laptop +2, or
B) You buy a Beaver Computer of Awesome +4

Nightflyer said...

=] I don't think that helped much.

Taddic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nightflyer said...

Yay! Some actually advice!

I'll let one of my friends back home take a look at the Dell. His dad works with computers so he should be able to see whats wrong with it.

(The plan is to move to Uppsala. ^^ I'll either study there or in Stockholm this fall.)