I've been playing Skyrim like a crazy woman. I don't even dare look at the time-stamp... =P
It is such an awesome game! I'm killing dragons with my bare hands (no, not really)!
My estimate on how many hours I've played is somewhere between 60 and 70 hours and I feel as if I have barely begun exploring. There are huge chunks on my worldmap that are empty and I have purposely been avoiding the main quests. There are so many things to do in this game, it never ends. I don't think I have ever played such a big game before.
School is suffering a bit because of this, but I can't seem to care. This is a bad thing... right? =P I will however work this in as a positive thing in my final judgment though.
There have been a few oddities with the game so far. Sometimes the dragons take on their far away textures (which, oddly, makes them look happy and somewhat cuddly) in close combat. It looks ridiculous and obviously it turns the scene into something far less than epic. And I am not a big fan of the worldmap either. Why cant I see the roads on it? I mean, sure the thing looks very cool and pretty but it's not practical whatsoever if you don't want to fast-travel all the time. My friends have experienced other oddities when playing, but I have only found issues with the textures so far, this could be because I am playing on the PS3 and they play on PC, or just random chance. I wouldn't know. I'm not an expert.
The good exceeds the bad, by far. And I would at least want to give this game an 8 out of 10. I would want to give it a 10 but frankly that would have to include a great storyline and as I have mentioned I have been avoiding the main quests so far, so I wouldn't know if the story is any good. Skyrim will in any case give many, many hours of fun. Go buy it.... now. Hurry.
1 comment:
Nope! Too mainstream.
Post a Comment