Never Look Back

// Nightflyer

Thursday, 9 October 2008

It was hilarious!

The great laugh of today was the outcome of Anton and Riks cooking. Seriously I didn't want to handle the food since I am sick, I wanted to stay in bed, but that turned out to be somewhat of a mistake. ^^

They where supposed to make Sara's bacon and peas pasta sauce, but we didn't have all of the ingredients, so I suggested that they made a stew instead. 1msk flower per deciliter fluid...

So... after a few minutes they beg me to fix their mistake. What I was supposed to fix was some kind of fried porridge with bacon in it. O.o

Ok... what they had done was to mix water with rye flour. =D Anton tried to save it by pouring in lots of strangely mixed spices and lots of salt. Rik added soy and what they where left with in the end was a brown mess that tasted like salt and crap. Sadly I can't put the picture I took of it up here. ^^

Lesson of today: Don't use rye flour in stews, and keep at least one eye on the food making area in the future.

9 comments:

Rik said...

I'm still surprised at the great difference between various kinds of flour. They really shouldn't call them all flour; they only vaguely resemble each other anyway.

Also, it's spelled "pea", not "pee". Linguistisemantic difference there.

Kat said...

Oh God! Rule number two(if keeping an eye on the kitchen is rule number one): Don't let Rik decide how much soy to put in it! and rule number three: Don't let Anton decide how much salt to put in it. And finally, from one crappy speller to another: you can go to firefox's add-on page and download spellcheck lists for any language you want, including about five variations of english!

Nightflyer said...

I have about two of them. The thing is that sometimes it forms actual words when I spell something wrong. This error though was a typing error... I've corrected it now, I had not seen it before. *blush*

Nightflyer said...

And hey, it's al right to make mistakes while cooking. You learn from your mistakes, right?

Besides you made up for it by making edible food on your second try. ^^

Kat said...

Absolutely, though Anton doesn't think he uses too much salt, and the same goes for Rik and soy. But I guess we all do these things. I think my family think that I use too much garlic - though I can't see how that would be possible! ;)

Nallenon said...

Oh, it was a tablespoon of flour....
Right...
O_O

Yeonni said...

Haha, awesome. I would probably enjoy Rik and Anton's cooking then (lots of soy + lots of salt = salty tastyness) once they got a slight tad of experience. ^^ But hey, I believe in learning through practice! So keep failing, guys! One day!

Eva said...

Sara's Pea and pasta sauce? I am insulted! It was the mighty cook ME whom invented the awesome recipe of peas and bacon! Me! I tell you! ME!

*crackles maniaclly and tipses all ovar agin*

Anyhow, yes. I find this hilarious.

Nightflyer said...

It was you? Well then the honour is indeed yours. ^^